- Stay focused on your academics. Keep your grades up!
- Stay involved in extracurricular activities and community service.
- Review and update your academic plan for the school year (with family and school counselor)
- Review grades and goals with family, coach and club college liaison.
- Take the SAT and ACT - www.collegeboard.com
- Review NCAA Clearinghouse eligibility requirements. The summer before your junior year, register with the NCAA Clearinghouse - www.clearinghouse.net
- Stay organized! Create a file – you will begin receiving a lot of mail.
- Early in your junior year, begin sending your resume with your club and high school schedules to your top 20-30 schools.
- Attend college nights, college fairs, etc.
- Get letters of recommendation
- Update personal cover letters, resume & player profile
- Attend Financial Aid workshops/Obtain financial aid forms - www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Review college applications with the school counselor
- In the Spring of your Junior year, begin narrowing the number of schools you are interested in attending. Keep coaches updated on your schedules and accomplishments
- Make some unofficial visits to the schools you are interested in attending
- Attend college showcase events
- Attend a residential summer camp at a school you are interested in
- Attend extra training sessions, skills training, and private lessons
If you have any questions or need personal assistance, please contact our college placement liaison at email@example.com