Our First Skills Academy program is designed for U6 boy and girls who have outgrown the Micro recreational program and/or are looking for a more developmental learning environment with like talented players.
This is a great introductory program before entering the Center of Excellence Academy at U7. This program uses age-appropriate activities that focuses on implementing the core skills and fundamentals of soccer in a fun and challenging environment. The training is focused on teaching basic ball mastery, manipulation, dribbling, 1v1 moves, shooting as well as introducing cognitive development activities that develop awareness, problem solving, and decision making.
Training: Twice per week 5:30pm – 7 PM under GC Staff Coaches
Games: One per week on Saturdays, coached by GC Staff Coaches
Uniform: COE Academy Uniform Kit, $45.00 (includes home and away jersey, shorts, socks)
Any questions regarding program, please contact Daryl Miller, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Season | mid-Feb - mid-May | 12-weeks
- Training Begins: early-Feb
- League Season: late March - mid-May
- End of Season Tournament (optional): TBD
Fall Season | Aug 1 - Nov 12 | 14-weeks
- Training Begins: August 1st
- League Season: September 10 - November 12
- End of Season Tournament (optional): early Dec TBD
U6 First Skills Academy Information
- Game Format: Small-sided 3v3 (no goalkeepers)
- Team Structure: 5-6 player/teams, co-ed
- Practice Frequency: Two (2) per week, 90-minutes each.
- Games: One (1) each Saturday, with Four (4) 8-minute quarters
- Coaching: GCS staff coach for training and games
- Size 3 soccer ball U6 (inflated with a name on it)
- Soccer cleats & Shinguards
- Water bottle (with a name on it)
- GCS COE Academy Uniform Kit (purchased separately at registration)