Gulf Coast Soccer is pleased to announce the addition of indoor Futsal to our program offering beginning January - February 2020. We hope you can learn more about this exciting global Futsal phenomenon that is rapidly becoming an integral part of modern youth soccer programming throughout the United States.
Futsal is an exciting, fast-paced soccer game played indoors. Futsal is a 5v5 game played on a court surface with a smaller low bounce ball. The game is played without walls, using touchline boundaries to restrict the playing area. See What is Futsal? article for more details.
The Benefits of Futsal Include:
- Frequent touches on the ball, ball mastery
- Numerous goal-scoring opportunities per game
- Reinforces creativity and quick decision making
- Develops quick reactions and reflexes
- Small space allows opportunities to rotate and play all positions
- Builds player confidence - every player contributes to the outcome of the game
- Strengthens possession-based soccer by emphasizing passing and movement
- It develops the confidence in players to go 1v1 against their opponent
- PreSeason Skills Clinic: Saturday, January 4th (canceled due to facility/schedule issue)
- U8 - (1) 20-minute ball mastery warm-up, (2) 20-minute halves.
- U10-U14 - (1) 15-minute ball mastery warm-up, (2) 20-minute halves
- Equipment Needed:
- Court/Indoor or tennis shoes only (NO CLEATS ALLOWED)
- We will supply official futsal balls for all events (ONLY FUTSAL BALLS ALLOWED, NO OUTDOOR SOCCER BALLS IN THE GYM)
- Age Groups (birth cut-offs):
- U8 (Sept 1, 2014-Dec 31, 2012, includes 2014 1st graders)
- U10 (2011-2010)
- U12 (2009-2008)
- U14 (Sept 1, 2005-Dec 31, 2007, includes 2005 8th graders)
- U15-U19 - Coming Spring Summer 2020