Key Objectives for the U8 Program
- Have fun
- Get as many touches on the ball as possible
- Develop basic skills
- Participate in individual and pairs activities
Coaching and Logistics
- U8 Teams play small-sided 4v4 games with no goalkeepers, as we focus on improving each player’s technical ability with the ball.
- Teams are coached by a trained volunteer coach and generally consists of 7-8 players.
- Age appropriate player development curriculum is used.
- Two practices a week, plus a game on Saturday.
- Teams typically play a 6- to 10-game season in the spring and fall season respectively